Everyone knows that diets don’t last. Why? Because they’re temporary, take a considerate amount of will power to adhere to and no long term habits are created.
It’s time we stopped looking for the quick fix when it comes to achieving our weight loss/ management goals because it doesn’t exist. The only way to achieve your weight management goals is to implement long lasting lifestyle changes. This is not debatable, it is the cold hard truth.
Most of the fad diets of today can produce you positive results but until you understand what it is that you’re doing that is giving you those results and find a way to build long term, sustainable habits then you will eventually fail.
There are two problems that most people face when trying to achieve their weight management goals:
- They don’t understand what it is they need to do to achieve their goals.
- They don’t understand how to take that knowledge and inject it into their life in a way that works.
To help you out with these two common concerns I am going to provide you with a simple framework detailing not only what you need to do but also how you can apply it.
The secret to eating well is to keep things as simple as possible, therefore I have created a five point star as a reference for the most important habits you need to create to help you work towards achieving improved health and weight loss.
The 5 Habits Star
- Drink plenty of water. Limit the amount of sugary drinks you consume (freshly squeezed or bottled juice and soft drinks should be consumed minimally).
- Eat vegetables with every meal.
- Eat a serving of protein with every meal.
- Try and consume the majority of your carbs immediately before, during and after exercise.
- Eat good healthy fats every day.
To be effective the five points of the star must become second nature to you. My advice is to focus on one point at a time and focus on making it apart of your life for a period of 14 days until it becomes habitual for you. Once you believe that point has become a habit for you, you can focus on the next point for the next 14 days. Repeat the process until all five points come as natural to you as brushing your teeth!
Implementing the five points of the star will help improve your overall health and assist in your weight loss or exercise performance goals.
If you would like more information, have any questions or would like specific advice on achieving your weight loss or performance goals please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org